Food Production and Distribution Pest Control
The presence of pests in food manufacturing and preparation areas has always been unacceptable.
The risks posed by pests include:
- The spread of pathogens that can cause
- Damage to property
- Contamination of work surfaces, manufacturing equipment, foodstuffs and product
- Adverse public opinion and loss of reputation
- Prosecution leading to large fines and even forced closure
- Poor staff relations, breaches of Health and Safety legislation
Why Use Vermatech?
The objective of any integrated pest management programme should be to prevent, as far as practicable, the introduction of pests onto the site and to reduce the conditions that may encourage their presence.
Vermatech specialises in Food Production and Distribution Pest Control. We are fully committed to providing a high level of service. Working with Vermatech, you can be sure of a fully professional and efficient service.
Designed to ensure our services cover your individual requirements, our service and maintenance contracts include all public health pests and pests that specifically relevant to your business and include the appropriate number of regular visits which are required throughout the year.
For each visit we make, we will produce a written report to keep you fully informed of all the necessary treatments which have been undertaken. All reports are then kept in your pest file held on site. To achieve a pest-free environment for you, Vermatech concentrate on the denial of access to pests and help you maintenance of an environment which discourages the development of infestation. Our reports give detailed advice recommending proofing measures to deny access by pests, denial of harbourage and the removal of food sources in order to facilitate control measures and discourage infestation. We also include in our maintenance specifications call outs and follow up visits.
Premises which deal with food preparation, storage or retail must ensure that they comply with the 1990 Food Safety Act – infestations are completely unacceptable and Vermatech can help you ensure this will not happen and in the unfortunate event that it does occur, we can solve the problem for you.
We understand pest management should form part of all quality systems such as HACCP, British Retail Consortium (BRC) and SALSA standards. Your reputation and your customers may depend on it. Call us today on 01491 628200 to discuss your requirements and book a no obligation survey.
- We are licensed waste carriers
- We employ the most environmentally acceptable methods of pest control
- We consider integrated pest management vital and include non-chemical methods to monitor and prevent pest infestation
- We can include field biologist inspections as part of our comprehensive service to ensure full compliance whether for food production or pharmaceuticals
As Vermatech Pest Control are full members of the British Pest Control Association we therefore have to meet a number of strict criteria, namely:
- Staff must be adequately trained in the identification and assessment of pest problems and in the selection and application of safe, effective and appropriate control measures
- We must demonstrate a high standard in our business systems, record keeping, stores, vehicles and procedures
- BPCA members must carry adequate public, products and employers’ liability insurance
- All employees within the business that will, within the course of their duties, attend the premises of our clients are subject to background checks by way of Criminal Records Bureau Standard Disclosure
- We must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide adequate health and safety documentation and procedures covering risk assessment and control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH)
- We must conform to the BPCA’s Code of Practice, you can therefore feel assured of a quality service
What Our Clients Say
Very professional and friendly company. The best so far I have dealt with.
Contact us today for a quote
Call us on 01491 628 200 for a quote, our prices are based on whether it’s a one-off visit or you require a course if visits.
You can’t go wrong with our reasonable price structure, alongside top-quality pest control services with no hidden charges.